In clinical practice for 18 years. Specialising in Pregnancy and Fertility, Endocrinology and Oncology.
In clinical practice for 18 years specialising in Maternity reflexology and fertility. As a trained Reproductive Reflexologist, I can analyse your blood results and semen analysis and work alongside medicated cycles such as IUI, IVF and ICSI. A member of the Association of Reflexologists, the Association of Reproductive Reflexologists and of the Complementary natural healthcare council. Also specialising in endocrine disorders like thyroid and adrenal fatigue, chronic fatigue syndrome and fibromyalgia.
Having being in a serious accident as a young person which lead to spinal damage and eventually being diagnosed with M.E, conventional medicine could do no more to help me. By devoting my life to complementary medicine I was able to restore my own health. I look forward to being able to work with you towards better health.
Reflexology for fertility
Around one in seven couples may
have difficulty conceiving. This is approximately 3.5 million people in the UK*. Infertility can affect both men and women.
Female age is the single most important factor in infertility. A woman’s fertility is at its highest in her late teens and early twenties but, for many women, having a baby at this stage of life is not an option. Many women are postponing having their family until their late 30’s and then finding it difirst cult to conceive. These facts are illustrated by the national IVF gures provided by the HFEA’s (Human Fertilisation and Embryology Authority), showing that the success of IVF also declines with increasing age.
Stress may potentially cause difficulties conceiving both naturally and through Assisted Reproductive Technology (ART). The goal of stress reduction is to minimize, not eliminate stress, by nding the technique that serves the patients’ needs the best.
Complementary therapies such as reflexology take a holistic approach to treating both men and women when it comes to stress and infertility.
Reflexology can be used as a stand-alone treatment to help enhance your natural fertility or with conventional treatme nts, such as Clomid, with fully medicated cycles of IUI, IVF, ICSI as well as with donor eggs.
Reflexology for pregnancy
During a maternity reflexology treatment, gentle techniques are used to nurture both mother and baby. Reflexologists adapt the pressure and may vary the length of each session or ask the woman to sit or lie down in a particular position depending on the stage of pregnancy.
What is the dideference between regular reflexology and maternity reflexology?
Every person is unique and so is every pregnancy. Throughout the three stages (trimesters) of pregnancy, maternity reflexology applies specialised techniques tailored for each pregnant client during their unique pregnancy experience:
• Maternity reflexology techniques target pregnancy related minor ailments to assist in their elimination or to relieve their symptoms.
• Relaxation techniques have been created and adapted specifinally for pregnancy to calm both mother and baby.
• The endocrine system is regularly treated, bringing hormonal and energetic balance,
symptom control and relief for the bene t of both mother and baby.
• May help to turn a breeched baby.
• Post-mature (40+ weeks) clients can be treated with labour priming techniques to encourage the natural commencement of labour.
• May reduce time spent in labour.
• For months following delivery maternity reflexology may continue to bring balance and harmony to both mother and baby.
• Some of the techniques maternity reflexology ofees may also benefit women approaching menopause/experiencing menopausal symptoms.
Maternity reflexology may ease minor ailments in pregnancy – clients report that therapy brings relief to and has a positive edefect on the following:
• Morning sickness
• Groin, ligament, rib, pelvic and symphysis pubis pain
Baby reflexology workshop
Babies love being touched and cuddled. Gentle, loving touch helps them to feel part of the family. Most babies enjoy their feet being stroked and will soon learn when to oft er their feet for this enjoyable bonding treatment.
Parents giving baby reflex to their baby’s feet may strengthen the natural loving bond between mother and baby and father and baby. It has been found that parents may easily calm their babies with this fuss free, convenient and soothing treatment.
Baby workshops aim to help with:
Babies become toddlers when they find their feet and explore the world. With this in mind, working on a toddler's hands is natural and efife tube. Penny Odhams has developed a routine, accompanied by nursery rhymes and lullabies. This routine takes a few minutes to apply, is very appealing to parents and toddlers alike and is great fun to share.
Baby Reflex 4 Toddlers aims to:
• Encourage and develop the bonding between parent and toddler.
• Be relaxing.
• Be calming, especially for those toddler tantrums!
• Improve sleep, great before bed!
• Support the developing body by improving wellbeing.
• BE FUN!
Women can feel both jubilant and exhausted as well as experiencing other conflicting emotions after the baby's birth. Loss of sleep, breastfeeding problems, frustration and fatigue etc. can all take its toll on the new family.
A reflexology treatment can be wonderful at this time as well as helping with other conditions associated with the postnatal period.
• Promotes healing, breastfeeding & balance
• Post-epidural pain
• Recovery following C-section
• Calms and relaxes mother and baby
• Balances the body after the birth
• Engorged breasts and mastitis
• Adjusting to the demands of coping with a new baby – emotional support and
• Working with any trauma or birthing issues
• Support as your menstrual cycle returns to normal – balancing the hormones
• Maintaining or increasing milk supply
• Postnatal depression and anxiety
• General relaxation
Reflexology for men
Infertility has traditionally been thought of as a woman's problem. But as it turns out, about one out of every three cases of infertility is due to the man alone.
A diagnosis of male infertility can be one of the hardest challenges a man can face. For some, it can be devastating. Not being able to father a child can make a man feel like he’s failing at one of his most primal responsibilities.
It takes between 90 and 100 days for each sperm to reach full maturity. Sperm spend approximately 75 days developing in the seminiferous tubules, and then take a further 20 to 30 days to mature in the tightly coiled tubes of the epididymis - which links the testes to the vas deferens, where sperm wait for ejaculation.
Only once they are fully mature are sperm able to fertilise an egg. Remember
that because sperm are already three months old when they are ejaculated, any treatment, conventional or otherwise, will take at least three months to take effect.
Seminal fluid is made up of 22 difervent nutrients that protect the sperm from
the acidic environment of the woman’s vagina and provide nourishment for the journey ahead. These nutrients include vitamins C, E and B12, prostaglandins, zinc, potassium and sulphide, essential fatty acids and fructose (a source of energy). From this you can see how important it is that men establish good dietary habits - a deficiency in one or more of these nutrients could cause the seminal fluid to damage the sperm rather than support them, or fail to support them altogether.
Male fertility conditions that may respond well to Reflexology:
• Infected semen
• Low sperm count
• Decreased sperm mobility
• Fluid retention around the testicular area
• Prostate gland problems
• After edefects of testicular cancer/surgery
• Low levels of testosterone (hypogonadism)
The aim of reflexology is to “create homeostasis, which means that the organs in the body are all working together and at their best.”
Reflexology sets believe that when the body is ill, injured or stressed, vital energy pathways are blocked preventing it from functioning optimally.
Reflexography is thought to help unblock these pathways by ridding the body of toxins and improving circulation.
How reflexology might help you
As reflexology is holistic, addressing the whole body rather than individual symptoms, most people benefitt. It is suitable for people of all ages, from tiny babies to the elderly. For each person, the effects of the therapy are unique, however most find it supremely relaxing. If you are struggling with health problems, it may be that a calming and relaxing session of reflexology may help you.
Reflexoligy may assist in the treatment of:
• Hormonal problems like PCOS, menopause, PMT
• Digestive disorders like IBS, constipation
• Neurological conditions like MS, Parkinson’s and migraine
• Circulatory conditions like stroke and high blood pressure
• Pain management
• Sleep disorders
• Stress related conditions
• Endocrine disorders like thyroid and adrenal insu ciency, diabetes
• Vascular disease like COPD and asthma
• Back pain and sciatica
• Lymph drainage
• Cancer pain
• Emotional release
Free consultations during march
Sign up to hear from us about specials, sales, and events.